Sunday, October 3, 2010

A few pics










Not too spectacular but the scenery pics have meaning to me and the fish were caught this week. I feel revitalized by fall's arrival and along with fishing and tying flies I have also purchased several albums from Amazon in the last month. The newest from Daedlus, Smoke sessions Vol 1by Devin the dude, Jogger- this great pressure, A thousand sharks teeth by My Brightest Diamond, Transit Transit by Autolux(their first album is great too this one is a little more laid back and odd in a good way), the Wu Tang dubstep album, and Unexpected Guests by Doom, also Them Crooked Vultures. Not the normal "fisherman's" choices or even my normal choices(except TCV) but all together a new direction in musical taste for me and some great driving music while traveling to work. I also recommend pod casts like comedy death ray, the Joe Rogan experience, uhh yeah dude, WTF with Marc Maron, and the sound of young america. I am playing Halo Reach right now and I think its the best Halo game to date. The last time I was into Halo was #2 but #3 was good and I enjoyed the ODST campaign because of its free roam sort of feel.

On a funny note, I went to a party over the weekend at some folks related to one of my wife's friends. I tried talking to one of the locals, I watched as he complained to his kid about wanting to fish and then about how he talked too much and how he was so annoying. I said something like "yep kids love to talk with everything being so much of an adventure and being so new and fun". He kinda looked at me like I was an idiot. I then pointed out a boat they had and what brand and where they got it. And after that I couldn't get a damn word in because he kept cutting off my sentences and wouldn't keep his mouth shut! And some people wonder where their kids learn all the bad habits they have. Classic.

No comments: